Crates, Cups, and Santa Chicken

Levi is still captivated with Nixie.  And now that he's mobile, the infatuation was grown ten-fold.  He's found  a favorite hiding spot in her kennel!  I am impressed that not only did he climb inside, but finagled himself to turn around and reach for the door.  All this guy needs to entertain himself is a Miniature Schnauzer and her home. 
And, I'm guessing he likes the challenge since Skye's crate is larger and not "as fun:"
My favorite thing about Levi these days is the way he explores independently.  Sometimes he will crawl through each room of the house and forget all about me!  Earlier today I had just come out of the bathroom to hear him laughing.  Usually he's rough housing with Nixie, but this time it involved one of her toys.  I grabbed the video camera for a glimpse:

At the time I didn't know what the toy looked like.  After Levi crawled away I took a closer look.  I laughed out loud to myself at the randomness of this dog toy.  It's a chicken dressed like Santa.  But of course!
Another top favorite toy for Levi is a cup.  Yep, just a cup.  A plastic one, preferably bright-colored.  He yells into it to hear himself echo.  I wondered if Cam would follow suit.  I gave her some "regular" toys, which she soon lost interest.  But the plastic cup kept her entertained for a good 15 minutes.  The perfect solution to getting the kitchen picked up quickly.
Cam's got some really cute outfits lately.  They suit her well!  This one is one of my favorites...
...By the way, it's 8:45pm now and Levi just watched the video, laughing at himself laughing!  Such a happy boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment