Friday Fiasco

The first car ride for today was Cam's doctor's visit.  It was nice to see Lin, meet the staff there, and get some insight on Cam.  And by the way, Cam weighs 20 pounds and Levi is 22.  Afterward I loaded up the babies and started to back out of my parking spot.  Then a strange feeling hit me - you know the kind you get when you swear you forgot something, but can't pinpoint it?  So I continued, thinking that my mind was playing tricks on me.  Then I noticed something familiar outside my right window.  But of course!  The stroller!!  I laughed at myself, assuming that moms for decades have done the same thing.  Please tell me I am not the only one?  I parked back into my spot and pulled out my high-tech camera for the photo op.  But it wouldn't turn on.  Ah yes - I left the battery charging back at the house.  Luckily I had my point-and-shoot one in my car.  Way to go Juli, on a roll today!  Kudos for remembering the children!  Is this why they call it "mommy brain?"  Technically, it must be "mommy-and-a-half brain"...HA!                                                           

Our next stop was lunch at Central Market with the Baby Buddies group.  We arrived to a crowded gathering of kids, babies, mommies, high chairs, and strollers.  I snagged the last two available high chairs, and strategically situated everyone (and everything) in.  Cam and Levi admired all the new and familiar faces.  But it didn't take long for them to get antsy.  Through feeding therapy I learned that Levi is an extremely independent eater.  So I've had to "let go" and let him get really messy because he will only feed himself; even if it means putting it all in front and letting him go wild.  As I started to feed Cam her pureed Gerber Goop, Levi wanted to try.  I gave him the other spoon so he could taste.  He got it all over himself, which is to be expected.  But it wasn't crazy yet. Cam wanted to join in the fun, too.  So she insisted on feeding herself:

After a few minutes of this Independent Eating Mayhem, they told me enough!  They had had enough excitement for 1 day.  This week they've been on very similar schedules - and sure enough got tired at the exact same time.  What started with throwing food everywhere (Levi) and pushing everything away (Cam) ended in cries and screams.  It was time to go.  I collected the bibs, food, sippy cups, crumbs, water, formula, etc, etc, etc and we were out of there.  They just needed their rest.
Somehow, Levi managed to remove his name tag and put it on top of mine.  Look closely at that orange tag (Levanna is a pretty cool name).  Also, Dr. Berger suggested that Cam drink formula from her sippy cup.   So Cam's now empty bottle was Levi's new toy.  Sometimes you just have to let them play with whatever works to to keep them occupied and calm.  I'll remember to keep back-to-back outings at a minimum.  I love these two - even when they've had more than enough.


Later that day, Cam had a Field Day with these tasty treats:
ENJOY!
Juli, stop filming me and give more puffs!!!!!!!


Ahhh yes, The Adventures of Cam and Levi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment