Photo Phlop!

This afternoon I ran a quick errand to Kohl's - mainly to try out the new stroller.  The store had just opened, which meant less people so less embarrassment if something went wrong.  The side-by-side design really put Cam and Levi on display!  I heard ooooo's and aaahh's from the one shopper and employees.  The shopper congratulated me for having "such beautiful twins."  I just went with it this time.  :)  

From Kohl's we traveled out to Willow Bend Mall to visit none other than the Easter Bunny!  I took a little detour so the babies could sleep and be rested for the bunny photos.  Cam cooperated and napped the whole time of 45 minutes.  Unfortunately Levi did not follow suit.  He got in about 20 minutes and I woke him when we arrived.  Just like his mommy, he does NOT wake up peacefully.  We kept things moving so I could get them home in time to eat again.  So after adjusting their outfits, putting their shoes back on, and changing diapers, we headed inside.

By the time we found the Easter Bunny Levi was in semi-good spirits.  Cam loved the stroller ride and was happy as can be!  I brought some toys and baby food from home in case of a line.  BIG mistake on the choice of toys!  Among them was one of the babies' favorites - an antique wooden frog bell thing.  Lindley's guess was that it belonged to her or Brian as babies.


Cam had the frog bell thing first and in very Levi-like fashion he reached over and snagged it away.  Cam calmly watched.  I tried to pry the bell from Levi, but his grip was too tight.  So I gave Levi's Sophie to Cam.  At this point they were both happy, but not for long! 


Only one baby was in front of us. When it was our turn, the photographer took her time.  She was so nice, energetic, and very patient.  Levi still had the bell in hand when I placed him in the bunny's lap.  This time I forced it from his grip, and the boy threw a complete baby tantrum!  Bless her heart, the photographer worked extra hard to encourage a smile from him.  As if it couldn't get any worse, I managed to make it so.  When Levi saw me there was no stopping the tears.  He wasn't scared of the over-sized animal costume.  He just wanted the madness to stop so that he could go back to sleep!  

Meanwhile Cam stroked the bunny's furry arm and made friends with him.  We took one round of photos, one of which with Cam's big smile and Levi breaking from his tantrum.  I thought we had gotten a good shot, then realized I forgot to take Cam's bib off!  I removed the bib and tortured Levi a little longer for round 2.  
This is in the beginning stages of round 1

I had no intentions on purchasing an overpriced photo package.  But like a sucker I felt obligated because they spent extra time with us.  While looking through the proofs Levi crawled around with tears swelling his eyes, and Cam just sat in the stroller like an angel.  As we left I looked over my shoulder to see that the line had developed.  Several sweet, beautiful children were smiling and taking the perfect photos.  Oh well, there's always next year.  1 out of 2 happy babies ain't bad!

Believe it or not - this was the best one out of the bunch


Happy Easter!

1 comments:

  1. I like how you said about the twin comment "I just went with it this time". I feel the same way with this pregnancy! I just smile and move right along sometimes if there is not enough time to explain! :)

Post a Comment