Tots & Tykes Story Time and Haggard Park

Today we headed to The Interurban Museum for Story Time, then played at Haggard Park.  We joined two other moms from the Tots & Tykes Meet-Up group.  Story time is a definite must for the preschool train enthusiast, but Cam and Levi still enjoyed themselves.  However, the room was packed and the babies didn't want to stay long.  So after 20 minutes or so we headed to the park.  

The Interurban Museum has a real-life train cart out in front and is surrounded by Haggard Park, and it is gorgeous!  I felt like we were in a story book!  It had beautiful playground equipment and lots of green trees.  The weather was slightly windy but perfect temperature.  By late morning the park was already full of children and parents.  And I thought, "this is what the lucky ones get to do while the others have to work."  Another reason why I love my job!


The BEST part of the day was watching Cam's reaction to the baby swing.  This was her first try at it, and WOW I have never seen such a radiant baby girl.  She had the time of her life!  That single moment is the highlight of my job so far.  I mean who can resist that face?!  It just warms your heart, doesn't it?!  I was having so much fun with her that I almost forgot my firstborn son sat and watched in the stroller nearby.  So after our fun I put Levi in the swing next to her.  It was beautiful to just step back and and watch them go!  Such a blessing, those two!




After lots of swinging, we headed to the picnic tables for lunch.  It was so peaceful to hear the breeze and sweet sounds of children playing.  A few kids nearby were bouncing on pogo sticks and riding on skateboards (one of which happened to be named Cameron).  Why they weren't in school, I don't know.  But it was fun listening to them play pretend "Hero Factory."  I was encouraged to know that kids still use their imagination during the days of the electronic world and video games.  I also chatted with a man who has 6 year-old twins.  We laughed together while comparing stories.


For these reasons, this was such a fun outing.  My favorite one so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment