Monday Morning Splash Fun!

I organized a meet-up event with the Tots & Tykes playgroup.  The venue was Campbell Green Splash Pad, just a mile from Cam's house.  Only 3 other moms RSVP'ed through the site.  Of those 3, two other moms with their children joined us.  The start time was 9:30am to avoid the crowds.  After we arrived I was told that the park opened at 10.  So I killed time by taking photos, pulling the wagon, and conversing with the other moms.  

When 10:00 rolled around, the splash pad was turned on and I eased the babies into it.  I carried them around to check out each spray area.   As they became more comfortable we sat in the water to watch.

I expected Levi to be pretty apprehensive.  A few weeks ago Neal and I took him to one at Fritz Park in McKinney, as well as the one at Fairview Shopping Center.  Both times he was pretty timid.  Those splash parks were a little "unpredictable" with the water squirts, older children running around screaming, etc.  But slowly his interest grew today.  Cam, on the other hand jumped right in!

This was actually our second trip to this splash pad.  For Memorial Day weekend I kept Cam while B & L went to the Rangers game.  I brought the babies here to "scope it out."  It was opening day at the splash pad, which was a good reason to leave the house for some people watching.  So today I am guessing they remembered it.  

The view from the parking lot

Before the water turned on...

They loved this tiny squirting place.  Remember reading that Cam jumped right in?  She does that with just about anything...

...and here's a prime example!  She's always willing to try new things (even if it means drinking/eating everything in sight :).  It's so cute to watch her just GO FOR IT while Levi sits back and observes first.  Opposites attract, perhaps?!

After a few moments of watching/sitting, they realized there was more to explore.  As soon as Cam saw Levi take off, she followed suit.  I really tried to capture their faces on camera, but both were just too busy with this new, super cool environment.

Cam loved practicing her crawl here.  She LOVED every minute!

I love this photo of her...

After the splash pad, we skipped a dry clothes change.  We piled into the car, went back to Cam's, and jumped into the baby pool.  Might as well take advantage, don't you think? 
Aren't they the cutest?  I just can't contain myself with the camera.  :)

Levi always looks for a challenge.




The Classic Cam Smile strikes again!

We absolutely LOVE summer and getting wet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment