Meet-Up Mania

We had a SUPER fun morning!  It started off with a Breakfast play date at 8:30.  I organized the event with the Baby Buddies group.  I chose the Starbuck's just up the street.  There's also a donut shop next door, so it was the perfect venue for us!  5 other moms and babies showed up.  I invited Chad and Ella along, too.  Everyone had an enjoyable, relaxing chat.  Cam and Levi did great!  Levi is not a fan of sitting in the stroller, so he hung out on my lap.  Both munched on my sausage kolache (which I didn't get to each much of myself), and I splurged with a donut and frappuccino.  I chatted for awhile with everyone, including Kat and her daughter Alexandria.  Coincidentally they live in the same neighborhood as Cam!  We'll be arranging a play date with Chad & Ella soon!   Those who couldn't make it but wanted to were at home with their teething babies. What a great way to kick off the day!  After we got home I got some really great feedback.  So I'll be planning more just like this...





Chad & Ella

Kat & Alexandria

Reyna & Eli

Elizabeth & Bridgette

Cynthia & Matthew

Sarah & Kaiah Ann


Here are some of the comments through the meet-up site:


"Had a great time.  Thanks!" - Elizabeth


"Had a great time. Met terrific moms, dads, and babies.  :)  Thank you J for organizing.  :)  Levi and Cam are such happy babies." - Cynthia


"Thank you so much for hosting this event, Julianna.  It helps so much when our mommies offer to help out by hosting.  It makes it so much easier on me and gives everyone more options when it comes to signing up for events.  I can't be everywhere all the time so I really appreciate it!  It sounds like it was tons of fun!  We will have to catch the next one."  - Rachel, group organizer


"So great to see y'all again!!...it should make you happy to know that we had one 10 minute nap and one 20 minute nap!  Thanks for jinxing it ;)  hahaha." - Kat


"It was nice meeting all the new mommies and sweet babies.  Thanks again Julianna!" - Reyna


"Great venue, great time!  Super way to start the day and very relaxing. :)" - Cynthia


After coffee and donuts,we headed east up the road to Heights Park.  It was the second meet-up event of the day.  Chad and I waited on the park benches for the others to arrive.  There were a few RSVP's for this, but oddly enough we were the only ones.  At least for awhile.  So we walked the loop without them.  It was a really nice stroll, and still not too hot.  Ella, Cam, and Levi enjoyed themselves.  After our walk I noticed Reyna and Eli playing in the sand pit. So we set out a picnic blanket nearby for playtime.  Cam and Levi both tried the sand pit for the first time. Their reactions were quite different from each other.  At first they both sat there and felt around.  Then Cam got a little frustrated, perhaps because she wanted to move around more. Levi decided to take off again, and crawled a few feet away, in the sand.  That's how much determination and strength this child has!  He pulled up on the edge and just looked around.  Those two are too funny!  We decided to skip the swings and headed home at around 11:30am.   

View from the parking lot

My attempt at a group photo :)

Eli & Cam

3 Sand Babies

Bored with sand, too?!


I was really proud of all 3 little ones.  The fact that they all played together so well for 3 hours really impressed me!  It's worth every second seeing their reactions to things.  We love our new friends from the Baby Buddies group, and our sweet new pal Ella.

0 comments:

Post a Comment